Engraving is inscribed on the back of all ID pieces. N-Style ID uses a laser engraver (Black Ink) on non-precious metal ID's, and a rotary engraver on all Gold ID's.
Following are recommendations to consider before submitting your medical ID engraving information:
- The information you submit for engraving may save your life. This information should include only what would be critically necessary for a health care provider. N-Style ID recommends consulting with your physician before submitting medical ID engraving information.
- Information will be engraved exactly as submitted. Please make sure information is understandable and spelling is correct as the information may not be changed once submitted online.
- If additional information to be engraved is required, you may wish to consider N-Style ID's medical ID card. It is recommended to engrave SEE WALLET CARD on your ID piece.
- Keep characters to a minimum to avoid overcrowding. This makes information less legible.
- Please specify when listing medications and medicine allergies whether you are allergic to, or taking the medication. Example: On Aspirin or Taking Aspirin
- If a home phone number is engraved, it is recommended to leave additional emergency phone numbers on your voice mail (Cell#, Doctors#, Work#, etc.). Voice Mail Example: Nobody is available to take your call right now. If this is an emergency, please call....
- If a doctors phone # is engraved, make sure your name is also engraved on the ID piece.
- If diabetes is your medical condition, make sure you include which type of diabetes. Example 1: "Type 1 Diabetes, Diabetes-Insulin, or Diabetes-Ins". Example 2: "Type 2 Diabetes, Diabetes-Oral"
- Leave out unnecessary wording such as "Has Pace Maker" or "Diagnosed with Diabetes". Example: "Pace Maker or Type 1 Diabetes are recommended."
- If you have a terminal illness and wish to not be resuscitated, please include in engraving. Example: "Terminal Illness, Please Do Not Resuscitate"
- If you have a living will, please include in engraving. Example: "Living Will Please Contact..."
- The caduceus symbol on the front of all N-Style ID's, is a symbol to alert medical personnel that the person wearing the ID has a medical condition they need to be aware of. They will not know your medical condition unless it is engraved on your ID piece. If you choose not to have N-Style ID engrave your ID piece, it is recommended you have it engraved by your local jeweler before wearing.
We suggest that if you are uncertain of your purchase, you may wish to have your local jeweler engrave your ID. Engraved medical bracelets, dog tags, and other items are not returnable unless a mistake was made by N-Style ID in engraving.
Following are abbreviations which may be used on engraved medical alert bracelets and are recognized by health care providers. Abbreviations not listed may not be recognized.
- MEDICATIONS: MEDS
- PENICILLIN: PCN
- HYPERTENSION: HTN
- ASPIRIN: ASA