10 Reasons to Smile Today
This entry was posted on July 14, 2014.
Let’s start by closing our eyes, then take a deep breath and exhale all of the stress and tension you’ve been holding inside. Great. Starting to feel better already. We all lead busy lives full of work obligations and family plans, and we sometimes get caught up in all of the hustle, bustle and daily pressures that we forget to take a moment to smile and enjoy all of the wonderful things in our lives. So, when you find yourself feeling overwhelmed and frazzled, just keep this list handy to remember 10 great reasons to smile today.
- In memory, anticipation or appreciation of good days. We all go through rough patches, but it’s important to remember the wonderful times you’ve had in the past and remind yourself that there will be more to come in the future.
- We live in a world of endless possibilities. It’s easy to feel stuck in your current situation, but with determination, imagination and a cheerful smile we can create a bright and exciting future for ourselves.
- You’re not alone. Even at our loneliest moments, we need to remind ourselves that there are so many people that care about us and love us. From family members to old friends, you’ve got all the love and plenty of reasons to smile.
- Que sera, sera (Whatever will be will be) As much as we try to plan our lives, we can’t always predict what the future will hold. When you put on a big smile, you’ll find it becomes much more pleasant to roll with the unexpected twists and turns.
- You’re home. There’s nothing quite like coming home from a long trip and being greeted by your loved ones who missed you. No matter where you are, you can always keep that warm, fuzzy feeling with you to bring you a smile.
- Your favorite music. Think of that favorite song that you’ve loved since you were a kid, and let the melody and rhythm whisk you away to a happy place. Whether you can dance across the room or just hum quietly to yourself, you’ll find it’s impossible not have a big grin on your face.
- Babies. Just imagining the adorable face, big dimples and sweet laughter of a baby can suddenly transform a rough day to a bright and cheery one.
- Sunrises and sunsets. In our hurried lives, we sometimes forget to step back and appreciate all of the natural beauty that surrounds us. Take a moment to remember a magical sunset or your favorite nature hike.
- You’ll live longer and look younger. Plenty of studies have shown that people who smile often are more likely to live longer lives and have fewer wrinkles. Stay healthy and lookin’ good.
- Brighten someone else’s day. Smiles can be very infectious, so when you see someone who’s having a hard day, share a smile with them and you’re sure to brighten things up for them.
What are some reasons that you have for smiling today? Share them with us in the comment section.