Past Blog Posts by Cheri Bissell
To kick off the New Year, we added three new medical alert bracelets to the already huge selection of styles for kids and teens. The first two bracelets “Like” and “Caution Tape,” are inspired by pure fun and whimsy. We first introduced a bracelet along these lines last month called the "Mustache." The third bracelet, “Jamie,” is a variation on the trendy & colorful multi-strand wrap bracelets so popular right now. We thought playing on the huge presence of Facebook in our lives could be fun. So with a wink-and-a-smile we introduced the “Like” medical alert bracelet. Within hours of posting the bracelet to our Facebook page for a giveaway, our Post was flooded with, well…. Likes! Shop for the Like" bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/like-medical-id-bracelets.html In the same spirit of fun when creating the “Like” bracelet, we introduced the “Caution Tape” Medical Alert Bracelet. We had a very snowy and cold December at N-Style ID and there’s not a building in sight that isn’t crowned in icicles. I got the idea of making the new bracelet heading in and out of the building surrounded by caution tape warning us of all the icicles. Shop the "Caution Tape" bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/caution-tape-medical-id-bracelets.html The “Like” and “Caution Tape” medical alert bracelets are from the Ultralight / Sports line and are great for everyday wear because of their durability. The adjustable bands are made of nylon webbing with a plastic center push buckle. These bracelets are interchangeable in two ways. You can order the bracelet complete with ID tag. Then remove the bands and select other designs from our huge selection of affordable kids medical bracelets without ID tags. Or you can order different colors of the interchangeable medical ID tag. The all new “Jamie” medical alert bracelet is a fun & feminine design with triple strands in a casual and comfortable material that includes a silver heart-shaped medical ID charm. This bracelet is easy customize with four bracelet colors to choose from and five different silver ID charms to choose from. The Jamie medical alert bracelet can fit a 6” to 8” wrist. Shop the "Jamie" bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/jamie-lime-medical-charm-bracelets.html To see more of our large selection of children's bracelets, lick here to view children's medical alert bracelets Continue reading...
Type 2 diabetes is not only the fastest growing disease on the planet, its one of the main illnesses for which N-Style ID designs medical alert and medical ID jewelry. Since January is the month of proactive planning to make positive change in our lives, we focused our first 2013 blog on lifestyle and diet tips for people with Type 2 diabetes.With concentrated efforts to make practical lifestyle and diet changes, managing and minimizing the symptoms of Type 2 diabetes can be accomplished in anyone’s life. Type 2 diabetes is generally caused by genetics and obesity combined with a sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits. People that carry excess weight, especially in their midsection, are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Any plan to minimize the symptoms of Type 2 diabetes is always centered on incorporating healthy lifestyle changes into our daily routine. The thing about the recommended changes for diabetics, is that they are virtually the same for people not suffering from diabetes who are looking to improve their overall health. So the good news is that a Type 2 diabetic is not alone in seeking a healthier lifestyle. Diet and exercise goals can be made with your partner or friends. Here are the core changes needed to improve the overall health and well-being of people with Type 2 diabetes: Eating Habits and Meal Patterns
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals. Stick to the same meal times each day.
- Managing and tracking the amount of carbohydrates at each meal or snack will keep your blood sugar level steady throughout the day.
- It’s not just the actual food you eat that affects blood sugar levels but how much you eat and when you eat affects blood sugar in the body.
- Omega-3 fish oils can improve glucose tolerance, high triglycerides, and cholesterol levels
- Incorporate high-fiber, low-glycemic-index sources of carbohydrates like whole-grains, fruits, vegetables into your diet.
- Limit intake of saturated and trans fatty acids.
- Exercise promotes cardiovascular fitness and weight loss, lowers high blood pressure, improves lipid profiles and improves blood sugar control. Since excess fat in the body can decrease the number of insulin receptors in the body, weight loss is a critical component to managing diabetes.
- Alcohol is essentially pure sugar so it worsens glucose tolerance. Try to completely refrain from or drastically reduce your alcohol intake
- Stress is very bad for people with diabetes. Unmanaged stress elevates blood sugars. Identify techniques to help lower stress levels such as reading, meditating or yoga.
Category: Medical Alert Jewelry, Tips, Diabetes Tagged: Medical Alert Jewelry, Diabetes, medical id alert jewelry, Juvenile/Childhood Diabetes, Special Medical Condition, medical id jewelry, medical ID tags
At N-Stlye ID we’ve created fun new medical alert jewelry with an eye to popular trends among teens & tweens… incorporating everything from peace signs to Rasta colors and hemp fiber bracelets. These pieces are affordable and some are interchangeable to keep your teen’s medical ID jewelry fresh and interesting. Here’s an overview of our new styles:
Harmony Hemp Medical BraceletOur young staff designed The Harmony Hemp medical alert bracelet. The medic alert bracelet is woven of natural help fibers with a peace sign bead woven into the bracelet. The Harmony Hemp comes with a pink peace sign; the other bracelet styles in this line are available with black or natural colored peace signs. This bracelet is not interchangeable. Get more details about the Harmony Hemp Medical ID bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/harmony-hemp-medical-bracelets.html
Rasta Braided Medical Alert BraceletThe Rasta Medical Alert Bracelet is braided of nylon treads in a cool combination of Rasta colors green, red, yellow and black. The Rasta Braided Bracelet comes with the fully interchangeable Contempo ID in sterling silver with multiple color options. And the Ratsa Bracelet can also accommodate any of our add-on charms (pictured below) Get more details about the Rasta Braided Medical Alert Bracelet here http://www.n-styleid.com/rasta-braided-medical-id-bracelet.html
Wrap Leather Medical Alert BraceletsOur Wrap Leather Medical Alert Bracelets are the perfect choice for stylish and trendy looks. The Leather Wrap Bracelet can be worn in multiple way to suit your style. They can be wrapped around your wrist once and then cut the excess leather or you can wrap the leather multiple times. The Leather Wrap Bracelet comes in multiple colors and with the Contempo ID Tag, which is interchangeable with many other bracelet styles. Get more details about the Skulls Hemp Medical Alert Bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/red-wrap-leather-medical-bracelets.html
Candy Braided Medical ID BraceletThe Candy Braided Medical ID Bracelet is a casual, feminine bracelet with a combination of nylon threads of lime, pink, purple and orange. The Candy Bracelet is also paired with the Contempo ID tag made of stainless steel and comes in a variety of colors. If you buy the Candy Braided bracelet with the the Contemp ID tag, the tag is then interchangeable with many other bracelet styles such as our leather and beaded bracelets. Get more details about the Candy Braided Medical ID Bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/candy-braided-medical-id-bracelet.html
Skulls Hemp Medical Alert BraceletsOur young staff had designed the cool Skulls Hemp Medical ID Bracelet. The bracelet has an island look to it with natural woven hemp and tiki-style skulls interwoven. The bracelet is tied on one end making the size adjustable to fit a 6" to 7 1/2" wrist. This bracelet is not interchangeable. Get more details about the Skulls Hemp Medical Alert Bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/skulls-hemp-medical-bracelets.html
Mustache Medical ID BraceletWe recently wrote about our new, on-trend and totally whimsical Mustache Bracelet (read more here). This medical bracelet pays tribute the popular mustache trend. Made of nylon with a plastic center tag this bracelet is great as a sports band. The Mustache Bracelet fits up tot a 7" wrist Get more details about the Mustache Medical ID Bracelet here: http://www.n-styleid.com/mustache-medical-id-bracelets.html Click the photo to view more more details for Contempo Medical Alert Tags: Continue reading...
The mustache craze has hit N-Style’s medical ID jewelry line. It seems everywhere you look, a mustache is sure to appear. All over Pinterest and Etsy, mustaches are appearing on coffee mugs, t-shirts, jewelry and just about anything you can think of. The accessory of choice at weddings and children’s parties is the ubiquitous mustaches-on-a-stick. Mustaches are even appearing on baked goods at high-end bakeries, like cupcake toppings in posh neighborhoods like Napa Valley, CA.
Category: Medical Alert Jewelry Tagged: medical id bracelets, Medical Alert Jewelry, medical id alert jewelry, Special Medical Condition, Medical Alert Bracelets, children's medical ID Bracelet, Emergency Care, jewelry for teenagers, Halloween Candy
At N-Style ID, many of the medical ID and medical alert jewelry we make is created for men, women and children with Epilepsy or other seizure disorders. As November is National Epilepsy Awareness Month, we thought we’d wrap-up November with an overview of what you should know and how to react if a loved one or a stranger has a seizure in your presence. Many of us have never had to provide help and assistance for someone having a seizure. Because of this there are a few misconceptions about providing the correct care for seizures. Aside from some basic steps to follow, most of the time, a person having a seizure requires no assistance other than a caring and calming presence. If you have never seen someone having a seizure, it can be a somewhat scary experience. Just remember to stay calm at all times. Seizures will end within a couple of minutes. Seizures can be very confusing to those experiencing them and your reassuring presence is extremely comforting while the person is in “recovery mode” immediately following a seizure. Now that you know the importance of staying calm and focused in the presence of someone having a seizure, he’s a list of the top do’s and dont’s for providing care in the event of a seizure:
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay calm!
- Look for medical alert jewelry to confirm that the person has a Epilepsy or a seizure disorder
- Create the safest surrounding environment possible for the person seizing
- Remove sharp objects from around the person to prevent injury
- If possible, try to cushion their head with your hands, a pillow or any soft object to help prevent head injuries
- Try to loosen clothing around their neck
- Try to pay attention to the length of the seizure
- When the seizure is over, be sure to slowly move the person onto their left side. This is VERY important to help open their airway as any swelling of the tongue from the seizure or post-seizure vomiting could obstruct their breathing
- Recovery from the seizure will take a few minutes, but confusion and fatigue is sure to follow. Remain with that person until they are sufficiently recovered
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Do not attempt to restrain the person’s body while convulsing. – This can cause injury to both yourself and the person suffering the seizure
- Do not put anything in the person’s mouth – This is a major misconception that stems from the concern that a person with a seizure might swallow their tongue. They will not swallow their tongue
- Do not give the person water, food or pills until they are completely recovered
- Do not leave someone alone following the seizure until they have fully regained their bearings
Category: National Awareness Month, Medical Alert Jewelry, Epilepsy Tagged: medical id bracelets, epilepsy, Medical Alert Jewelry, medical id alert jewelry, Special Medical Condition, Muctache Craze, Mustache Accessories