You have no items in your shopping cart.
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Since April is National Autism Awareness Month, which has been kicked off by the World Autism Day every April 2 since 2007, we wanted to share what it's about.
As we celebrate awareness during national autism month, it’s important to understand some key statistics about the state of autism in 2013:
- Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability with a 1,148% growth rate.
- Every 11 minutes, a child is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
- 1 in 88 children in the United States is on the autism spectrum; 1 in 54 boys.
- 1 percent of the population of children in the U.S. ages 3-17 have an autism spectrum disorder.
- Prevalence is estimated at 1 in 88 births.
- 1.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder.
National Autism Month kicked off with World Autism Awareness Day. World Autism Awareness Day is one of only three official health-related United Nations Days with the goal of bringing the world's attention to autism.